Review beautiful traditional copperplate and then move on to exciting variations. Unique paper crafts to inspire your use of the pointed pen.
Dates: January 25, 2019
February 1, 8
March 1, 8, 15, 22
Times: Friday's 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Cost: $75 / 7 sessions
Materials Fee: $5, to be paid directly to instructor in class (includes handouts, inks & papers)
Instructor: Brigitte Hefferan
Minimum students: 6 Max: 15
Prerequisite: Beginner copperplate
- 3-ring binder (for class handouts)
- Oblique pen holder
- Nibs: Hunt 101, Gillott 303, Nikko G, EF66, Leonardt Principal or favorite pointed nib
- Ink: McCaffery, Moon Palace Sumi or Gouache
- Paper: Gilbert Bond Grid Pad (11"x 17")
- Staedtler-Mars White Plastic Eraser
- 18" Metal Cork Backed Ruler
- 6-well palette & mixing brush
- Bone folder, x-acto knife, cutting mat
- Water container
Supplies may be found at the following stores, although all supplies are not carried at each outlet. Please call for availability. Please allow at least 7 days if you are ordering by mail.
Artists & Craftsman Supply
4350 8th Ave NE, Seattle 98105
Daniel Smith, Inc.
4130 First Ave South, Seattle
Outlets have excellent catalogs for calligraphy supplies!! Highly recommended!!
Paper & Ink Arts
John Neal, Bookseller